Our attorneys advocate for clients seeking legislative and regulatory solutions in state and local government. We have significant contacts and experience working with state and local elected officials, and regulatory agencies, across New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Drawing from our roots as a full-service boutique energy firm, we have longstanding relationships at the New York Public Service Commission, New Jersey Board of Public utilities, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, the U.S. Energy Information Administration, and with state Attorneys General.
Through legislative lobbying, we monitor legislation and advocate for clients' positions through meeting with elected officials and testifying in committee hearings.
- Represent Client interests at agency meetings & rulemaking;
- Represent Clients in RTO/ISO working groups, committees, and before State commissions;
- Prepare written comments in response to Notices of Proposed Rulemaking and Petitions;
- Strengthen Supplier–Commission Communication;
- Develop and maintain good working relationships between state commissions and relevant stakeholders;
- Organize energy suppliers to enhance their voice and influence during agency rulemaking procedures;
- Continuous representation of a coalition of small to mid-sized ESCOs in numerous proceedings affecting the NY Retail Market;
- Represents one of North America’s largest Retail Energy Suppliers in New Jersey on all legislative matters, including managing relationships with key members of executive and legislative branches.