Natara Feller, a seasoned energy law attorney, has substantial experience counseling companies and individuals in the energy industry on regulatory, transactional, compliance and enforcement matters involving state utility commissions, RTOs/ISOs, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Natara has worked with numerous energy start-ups, and established companies, counseling each with personal attention through the maze of CFTC, FERC, RTO/ISO, and state utility commission rules, regulations, and requirements. Additionally, Natara has negotiated a wide variety of agreements - from vendor agreements to sophisticated Preferred Supplier Agreements. Once established, many of Natara's energy clients count on Feller Law Group to keep them advised on developments that may impact their business, as well as opportunities to grow their business through the firm's monitoring, regulatory risk advisory and compliance reports. Natara is a frequent speaker at national energy conferences and published author.
Feller Law Group is a woman-owned business, offering high caliber, cost-effective legal representation to companies in the energy industry. Prior to practicing law in the private sector, Natara served as an Attorney-Advisor with the FERC Office of Administrative Law Judges. Natara's past and current clients include power marketers, natural gas companies, public utilities, energy service companies, financial institutions, renewable power developers and qualifying facilities.
Ms. Feller’s experience includes advising on matters related to:
- Regulatory compliance obligations under the FPA, PURPA, PUHCA, NGA, NGPA, EPAct 2005 and state statutes
- The NERC Rules of Procedure and Reliability Standards
- Participation in organized markets and ISO/RTO governance
- Mergers, sales and acquisitions of FERC-jurisdictional assets
- Project development and generation interconnection
- Preparation of all manner of responsive agency pleadings, including rehearing applications, briefs, comments, testimony, protests and motions, natural gas tariff filings, QF and EWG self-certifications and market-based rate applications
Selected Speaking Engagements:
- “Marketing, Building My Business” Speaker, First Inaugural Energy Marketing Conference, New York, NY (February 27, 2014)
- “Hot Topics in Energy Law” CLE program, Program Chair, Presenter and Moderator, Association of the Bar of the City of New York (May 17, 2012)
- “Federal Energy Regulatory Framework & Recent Policies Related to the Development of Renewable Generation,” Presenter, PV Power Generation Mid-West and East (November 8, 2011)
- “State & Federal Regulation & Promotion of Renewable Resources,” CLE program, Program Chair and Moderator, Association of the Bar of the City of New York (June 29, 2011).
- “Changes in Public Policy: The Debate Regarding Federal and State Policy Initiatives into Transmission Planning, Demand Response, Clean Energy Standards and Other Governmental Initiatives Affecting the Northeast Power Markets,” Moderator, Energy Bar Association Northeast Conference (June 7, 2011).
- “FERC 101: Follow, Find and File,” Presenter, webinar (March 20, 2011).
- Chair, Energy and Natural Resources Market Regulation Committee, Section of Energy, Environment and Resources, American Bar Association (2013 – Present) (Vice Chair, State Regulatory Issues, 2011-2013)
- Secretary, Energy Committee of the New York City Bar Association (2009 – 2012)
- Member, Energy Bar Association (2006 – Present)
- Chair of ABA Market Regulation Committee
- Member of NYCELLI